28 Jan HAPPY INTERNATIONAL DATA PRIVACY DAY!
With the data privacy and cybersecurity landscape in constant flux and evolution, businesses must perpetually adapt to reduce their liability exposure. Below is a “quick hit” list of Hall Booth Smith’s top 10 privacy and cybersecurity action items for businesses to ponder:
- Determine if any newly passed privacy laws apply to you. Review industry sector and federal and international laws.
- Conduct data mapping exercise, including vendor transfers and geographic location.
- What personal data do you collect? Who do you share it with?
- Audit vendor contracts for applicable privacy law compliance provisions.
- Review cyber insurance coverage.
- Implement multi-factor authentication for remote access.
- Audit user and service accounts to remove unused accounts.
- Review or create your cyber incident response plan.
- Implement or review employee security awareness training.