Lisa M. Munoz
Lisa M. Munoz
Lisa M. Munoz is a Partner in our office in West Palm Beach, Florida, and she concentrates her practice on catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, personal injury, premises liability, aging services, and automobile negligence and other transportation-related claims.
She also has extensive experience representing mental health facilities in wrongful Baker Act matters for temporary detention related to emergency mental health matters, employment discrimination, and medical malpractice actions.
She often counsels clients in breach of contract and discrimination/wage cases filed in federal court and has represented facilities and health care providers in Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Agency for Health Care Administration, and Department of Health matters.
Lisa brings extensive experience in medical malpractice, personal injury, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, general liability, automobile negligence, and other transportation litigation. She has represented numerous mental health facilities in wrongful detention matters under the Baker Act as well as medical malpractice claims, employment discrimination matters, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Agency for Health Care Administration, and Department of Health matters.
Her previous experience representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants gives her tremendous insight on the tactics and strategies use by both parties, which empowers her to present a more effective defense for her clients.
- J.D.,University of St. Thomas
- B.A., Criminology, Florida State University
- B.A., Philosophy, Florida State University
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Former Member
- Hispanic Bar Association, Former Member
- Palm Beach County Justice Association, Former Board Member
- The Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court, Former Member
- Risk Management Issues in Baker Act Compliance
Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety 43rd Annual Meeting & Educational Conference; August 24, 2023
- Baker Act Presentation
Broward Health, August 2022
- Current Topics In Baker Act Compliance Webinar
Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety, April 2022
- Misconceptions & Legal Pitfalls of the Baker Act
Florida Society of Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety Conference, August 2021