When a crisis unfolds, HBS offers calm and trusted counsel to help you navigate sensitive issues successfully and resolve legal matters so you can get back to business as usual.
When businesses, governments, and organizations encounter crises that threaten their well-being, Hall Booth Smith’s Crisis Management Strategic Team is essential for averting disaster and protecting the enterprise.
Our team works alongside executives, in-house counsel, boards of directors, public relations professionals, marketing and sales staff, elected officials, government leaders, and other key stakeholders to help them manage and navigate crises as they unfold.
With 24/7 accessibility and responsiveness, our highly skilled team is led by seasoned professionals with government, military, corporate, and communications experience to handle any crisis situation.
We work with each client to understand the facts and circumstances of the crisis and develop a strategic plan with proactive actions to minimize legal risk, financial exposure, and reputational damage. We also help clients develop communications and public relations strategies that protect their image as we work to defend their legal rights.
HBS attorneys have extensive experience in handling crises including active shooter and workplace violence, data breaches and cybersecurity events, trucking and other transportation accidents, coronavirus matters, opioid and prescription drug complaints, employee disputes and rogue actions, and class action litigation.
We also represent clients in government investigations, regulatory actions, office raids, corporate criminal and white collar crimes, and inquiries by the U.S. Department of Justice, Offices of the Inspector General (OIG), Government Accountability Office (GAO), Federal Election Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and many other federal, state and local governments or agencies.
An immediate and thoughtful response guided by strategic, knowledgeable legal counsel can stop a crisis from becoming a disaster that threatens the enterprise. Our attorneys have extensive experience in crisis response and helping clients of all sizes and across numerous industries minimize legal, financial and reputational damage as they mitigate the impact and begin developing an initial defense strategy if litigation should occur.
We help clients handle crisis events including:
- Security Assessment/Active Shooter — Partner Raymond A. Reddin leads a team of dedicated attorneys with extensive experience in mass shootings, workplace violence and other incidents that threaten the safety of employees, customers and company assets.
- Data Privacy & Cybersecurity — Partner Richard Sheinis leads our team, which includes a 24/7 hotline for immediate response when attacks and attempted breaches occur.
- Transportation — Partner Scott H. Moulton runs our Rapid Response Team, which can deploy attorneys immediately to preserve crucial evidence and gather witness testimony on the scene of high-exposure vehicle accidents.
- Batch Claims & Class Action Task Force — Founding Partner John E. Hall, Jr. leads a team that specializes in defending the riskiest high-exposure cases with sophisticated legal theory and case strategy to defeat collective redress litigation.
- Opioid Task Force — Partner Brent Allen oversees our team that defends physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pain management clinics, hospitals, surgical centers and other professionals who face opioid and prescription-related claims.
- Coronavirus Task Force — Partner Drew Graham runs a team of highly experienced attorneys who protect the rights of hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, physicians and other health care professionals facing litigation related to the covid pandemic.
- Employee Disputes — Partner Jeffrey M. Daitz leads a team that handles employee complaints, rogue behavior, labor actions, walkouts, lockouts and other employee matters that threaten businesses, governments and organizations.
Strategic planning ahead of time is a critical part of crisis management and preparedness. HBS works closely with management teams and decision makers to understand possible threats and areas of exposure so we can develop comprehensive and holistic plans for addressing issues as they arise.
Our planning includes best practices, policies and procedures for risk avoidance, immediate crisis response, communications plans, reaction and reputation monitoring, and real-time support as the crisis evolves.
HBS also conducts audits and reviews of existing crisis plans to identify gaps, blind spots and potential pitfalls. We work with clients to revise and update crisis plans so that they meet the changing needs of the business, as well as outside forces such as political pressures and social movements that may present new challenges to the organization.
HBS’s Crisis Management team has guided clients through a wide range of events that have disrupted business and threatened the safety of employees, customers and other stakeholders including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, workplace violence, social unrest and protests, the covoid pandemic, the H1N1 swine influenza pandemic, Hurricate Katrina, Hurricane Rita, and many other dangerous situations.
Our team acts immediately and decisively to develop effective strategies for navigating crisis situations and de-escalating threats as they unfold. We assist with disaster recovery, and ensuring that employees and others who have been impacted by the crisis are safe. We also coordinate with and negotiate with federal, state and local authorities, including law enforcement.
We work with clients every step of the way through managing the crisis, including internal and external investigations, government relations, public relations, and communications. We represent clients in criminal and civil litigation, including complex class action and multidistrict litigation, and the post-judgment appeals process.
Hall Booth Smith is a trusted advisor for Crisis Management and recovery.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.