Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we maintain appropriate policies and procedures to protect your privacy and ensure compliance with applicable professional rules.
What Information Do We Collect, & How Do We Use It?
The information we collect includes any and all data that you provide to us when you sign up for newsletters, advisories, announcements, and invitations or contact us by email. We use this information only to respond to your comments or questions or to provide services related to the specific purpose for which you submitted the information. You may choose not to provide information to us, but we may then not be able to provide you with all of our services.
We also receive information through cookies and log files when you access the HBS Website. “Cookies” are small text files that a website saves on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each later visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, to develop a record of the user’s online activity. Cookies also help us to better understand how you interact with our Website and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our website. Most of the cookies used by us are “session cookies.”
Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit HBS, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also obtain certain types of data when your web browser accesses us, such as the internet protocol (IP) addresses, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of the HBS website, including a history of the pages you view. This information allows us to monitor how many people are using our site and for what purposes. We use the information gathered from IP addresses and cookies solely to generate broad demographic data and user statistics to improve the content of our website.
Our website is not configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings.
How Do We Store Your Data?
We store your data in the United States. We retain records relating to professional services that we provide so that we are better able to assist you with your professional needs and, in some cases, to comply with professional guidelines. In order to guard your personal information, we comply with our obligations under applicable privacy laws storing and destroying personal data securely; by collecting and retaining only the necessary data that we need to service you; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. However, HBS cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from HBS via the Website or email.
With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- To governments and/or government-affiliated institutions, courts, or law enforcement agencies, to comply with our obligations under relevant laws and regulations, enforce or defend our policies or contract with you, respond to claims, or in response to a verified request relating to a government or criminal investigation or suspected fraud or illegal activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our customers to legal liability; provided that, if any law enforcement agency requests your data, we will attempt to redirect the law enforcement agency to request that data directly from you, and in such event, we may provide your basic contact information to the law enforcement agency.
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a court order or substantially similar legal procedure requiring us to do so.
- To third party service providers whom we sub-contract to work on our behalf or for us and therefore may have access to your data only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf. Such providers perform functions such as, but not limited to, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, informational systems technical support, to help us provide, analyze, and improve our services such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of our service features, and to assist us in detecting and dealing with data breaches, illegal activities, and fraud.
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Privacy for Persons under the Age of 13
HBS is committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. You should be aware that this site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Whom Can I Contact?