HBS attorneys work closely with leadership teams to align legal strategy with broader business goals and growth objectives, and protect the rights of our clients and their stakeholders.
The attorneys at Hall Booth Smith, P.C. have the skill and experience to handle business disputes of all sizes and nature. From complex contract litigation with another business entity to internal governance matters involving officer and director duties and shareholder disputes, we work with our clients to help them achieve their strategic objectives. We recognize that our clients’ time is best spent in board rooms and conference rooms, rather than in the court room. We are prepared to handle complex business and commercial disputes before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as alternative dispute venues such as arbitration and mediation.
About Our Practice
Our Business Litigation Practice Group is focused on getting your legal disputes resolved in an effective, efficient and economical manner. Over the past several decades, the attorneys at HBS have served as counselors, advisors and advocates for businesses locally and internationally. We pride ourselves for not only our legal experience, but also our business acumen. We bring an end-in-mind philosophy to our practice by partnering with our clients to first understand their business objectives and then to create a strategic plan for the favorable resolution of business disputes and the advancement of their business objectives. We represent large national and multinational corporations as well as emerging small start-ups in a broad range of business issues and litigation matters.
Our attorneys are actively involved, and our honors and recognitions include:
- Recognized among Georgia’s top attorneys in business law by Georgia Trend magazine
- Member of the Board of Directors of the World Trade Center Atlanta
- Commissioner to the Uniform Law Commission from 1997 to present
- Special Deputy Legislative Counsel to Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle
- President of the Netherlands-American Chamber of Commerce for the Southeastern United States
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Registered Arbitrator, Georgia Offices of Dispute Resolution
- Appointed member of the State Ethics Commission
- Former corporate counsel for leading Internet provider
With more than twenty years of experience, HBS has successfully handled hundreds of business disputes in a variety of matters, including:
- Complex breach of contract actions in federal and state courts as well as in international arbitration proceedings before the ICDR
- Actions involving allegations of officer and director mismanagement and breach of fiduciary duties
- Actions involving misappropriation of trade secrets and other confidential and proprietary information
- Actions involving mergers, short-form mergers and other business acquisitions and divestitures
- Representation of businesses and owners in disputes pertaining to ownership interests and valuation of ownership interests
- Trademark and copyright infringement actions
- Franchise disputes
- Disputes involving commercial real estate
- Shareholder and employment agreements