HBS works with employers and individuals to help them secure temporary, permanent and family-based visas and remain compliant with laws and requirements.
From individuals to multinational corporations, HBS Immigration Attorneys help clients secure employment-based permanent and temporary visas and family-based visas, advise on compliance issues and provide proactive advice to businesses of all sizes on best practices to avoid future liability.
Experienced handling a wide variety of business and family-based immigration concerns, we offer seamless, effective global immigration strategies, prepare and review all types of immigration-related documents, advise on immigration issues in the context of corporate transactional matters, and assist with audits, investigations and hearings. Our lawyers have represented clients before the U.S. Congress and federal regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Department of State and the Department of Labor. Fluent in several languages, including English, German, French and Bengali, we are able to assist many of our clients in their native language.
Our attorneys work closely with businesses to determine the most appropriate visa category and strategy based on both long- and short-term goals. We have advised on immigration status for corporate executives, managers, professionals and other employees in virtually every visa category, including:
- H-1B (professionals in specialty occupation)
- H-2B (temporary or seasonal employees)
- H-3 (trainee)
- L-1 (intracompany transfers)
- E-1, E-2 (treaty traders and investors)
- J-1 (physicians, teachers, scholars, interns, au pairs)
- F-1 (student) including Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- TN (professionals from Canada or Mexico under NAFTA)
- B-1/B-2 (business visitors, tourists)
- P (athletes, artists and entertainers)
- O (individuals with extraordinary ability or achievements)
- Q (cultural exchange visitors).
- Permanent residency (green cards) based on employment, including labor certification(PERM).
- EB-5 Investment Based Green Cards
Our lawyers also assist with due diligence investigations, resolving immigration-related issues in the context of corporate reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and maintaining post-transaction work authorizations of foreign personnel.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.