Beth W. Kanik
Beth W. Kanik
Beth W. Kanik is a Partner in our Atlanta office with a robust practice in professional negligence and medical malpractice.
A seasoned trial attorney, Beth has defended physicians, general contractors, and hospitals in New York and Georgia on issues of standard of care, proximate causation in a medical context, and the acceptance doctrine in the construction and professional liability context. She is the daughter of a physician and has many relatives who are physicians, which gives her a deep understanding of the challenges of the profession and the stress that a lawsuit can bring.
Beth has successfully argued cases at the federal and state levels, including before the U.S. Supreme Court, and she was specially admitted to U.S. District Court in Pennsylvania and Third Circuit Court of Appeals, where summary judgment was affirmed on appeal. She has also tried cases in Illinois and has made numerous appearances before the Medical Board of Georgia.
- Georgia, 1990
- Court of Appeals, 2002; Supreme Court, 1999
- New York
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, 1991
U.S. Courts of Appeals:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1986
- B.S., magna cum laude, Syracuse University, 1982
- American Bar Association
- Leadership DeKalb
- New York State Bar Association