William T. Goran
William T. Goran
William “Bill” T. Goran is Of Counsel in our Miami, Florida, office. He has over 35 years of workers’ compensation experience defending insurance carriers and employers throughout the construction and hospitality industry. In addition, he represents employers and business owners in Fair Labor and Standards Act claims, labor and employment claims, and Americans with Disability Act claims.
Bill is an established litigation attorney with extensive background in litigating high volume workers’ compensation matters throughout Southern Florida. His defense experience includes defending Fortune 500 employers and carriers with varying complex needs.
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™ by his peers on Martindale-Hubbell, Bill has handled thousands of cases, attended hundreds of Final Merits Hearings, and has been involved in well over 20 reported appellate decisions. He is well respected in his field and is often invited to speak at events and conferences for employers and insurance companies regarding various workers’ compensation and employment law topics.
- Courts of Appeal, Supreme Court
- Division of Administrative Hearings: Workers’ Compensation
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Courts of Appeals:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Miami
- B.A., University of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Division
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Groves at Old Cutler Homeowners Association: Board Member
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Professionals
- Compensability of Slip and Fall Accidents – Where Are We Since The Florida First District Court of Appeals April 5, 2019 Decision in Valcourt – Williams (The Dog Case)
HBS Workers’ Compensation Blog; May 26, 2021