Attorney at Law
Erin Lyon is an Associate in our Birmingham office, whose practice focuses on medical malpractice, health care, dental, and general liability law. She has experience managing complex medical malpractice litigation through to trial and extensive mediation and alternative dispute resolution experience.
Prior to joining HBS, Erin worked in house for a national medical malpractice insurance carrier and in risk management at an academic medical center. Throughout her career she has assisted physicians and dentists with responses to board investigations, HIPAA breaches, and health insurance investigations. Erin has regularly spoken at training sessions for clinical staff on topics related to medical malpractice and risk mitigation.
Erin earned her Juris Doctor, with honors, from the Birmingham School of Law and her Bachelor of Science in Hospital Administration from the University of Alabama.
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- J.D., with honors, Birmingham School of Law
- B.S., Hospital Administration, The University of Alabama
- American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM)
- Alabama Chapter of Health Law Attorneys