Michael S. Drew
Michael S. Drew
Michael S. Drew is a Partner in the firm’s Denver office and specializes in medical malpractice, complex general casualty, construction defect, dental, personal injury, and other litigation matters. Mike has more than three decades of legal experience including significant jury trial and arbitration experience with cases involving catastrophic injury.
Previously, Mike was a shareholder at the regional law firm bearing his name, Nixon Shefrin Ogburn Drew, P.C., where he helped to grow the firm into one of the leading litigation defense firms in Denver before combining with Hall Booth Smith. As part of his early training, Mike attended the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) and earned certificates in the Deposition Skills and Trial Advocacy Skills programs. Prior to attending law school, he was an adjuster and senior adjuster for two professional liability insurers in Northern California.
Mike defends physicians and other health care providers in a wide variety of medical malpractice and regulatory matters, including the following selected cases:
- Tried two amputation cases and defended several others.
- Tried cases in obstetrical, general surgical, gastroenterology, orthopedics and other medical subspecialties.
- Handled assisted living and mental health care cases of all types.
- Tried and arbitrated several construction defect matters.
Additionally, his complex general casualty practice has included defending a wide range of personal injury matters from auto, truck, slip and fall, civil assault, dram shop, wrongful death, premises liability, and others. Mike’s broad defense experience allows him to fairly evaluate cases and has resulted in excellent and efficient results in the best interest of his clients.
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the District District of Colorado
U.S. Courts of Appeals:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., University of Denver
- B.A., University of Colorado
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Managers (ASHRM)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Healthcare Associated Risk Managers (CHARM)
Mike consistently provides in-service seminars for insurers on claims handling, bad faith, and other insurance litigation-related topics.
- Trial Attorneys’ Guide to Bad Faith and Insurance Coverage
Aspen Publishers (Contributor), December 1995