Those who serve in government jobs face increasingly complex challenges and intricacies in balancing the demands of local, state and federal government in addition to the needs of the business community and the public. Enforcing statutes and ordinances while also fostering business growth often makes public entities and officials targets in today’s litigious society.
Hall Booth Smith’s Governmental Liability and Government Law and Services Practice Groups take a comprehensive and holistic approach to counseling leaders on all legal needs, from risk mitigation and litigation prevention to rigorous defense when litigation ensues.
HBS attorneys bring extensive government experience to the table, including previous service in numerous elected positions, and government leadership and administrative roles. HBS has defended more than 250 government entities on a wide range of matters. Our attorneys are active in the courtroom and the day-to-day business of local and state government, and we are active in influential government organizations and associations.
The voice of our law firm is heard through the individual involvement of our attorneys in serving the people:
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District’s Basin Advisory Council for the Ocmulgee River Basin and the City of Covington, Georgia’s Urban Redevelopment Authority
- City Attorney for the City of Attapulgus and the City of Bogart
- County Attorneys of Madison, Tift, Ware, Decatur, Mitchell, and Coffee, Georgia
- Former peace officers and deputy sheriff
- A P.O.S.T. certified guest instructor
- Frequently speak at continuing education seminars