Brian M. Murphy
Brian M. Murphy
Brian M. Murphy is a Partner in our office in Paramus, New Jersey, and he has defended clients in insurance litigation and other liability claims for over four decades.
He has tried countless cases to verdict in New Jersey and New York as well as in federal courts, and he serves a strategic business partner who helps each client achieve their business goals while protecting their interests.
Brian specializes in defending first- and third-party claims in premises liability matters, construction accidents, construction defects, hospitality and property damage disputes, and automobile and truck accident litigation. He also handles commercial disputes, contracts, insurance coverage, and subrogation matters.
Brian is a highly experienced litigator who has defended insurers, insureds, and individuals in a wide range of insurance, liability, and other civil matters for over 40 years. He has tried numerous cases to verdict all over New York and New Jersey and works alongside clients as a business partner and advisor who makes sure litigation strategy is aligned with business goals.
- New Jersey
- New York
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., Fordham University
- B.A., The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College)
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New Jersey Defense Association
Brian is frequently invited to speak to insurance companies and in-house legal teams about litigation defense strategies, best practices, and litigation avoidance. A selection of those topics is listed below.
- Updates on Bodily Injury & Personal Injury and Trial Tactics
North America Insurance Claims’ Continuing Education Series; January 11, 2024