Dan Addison is a partner in Hall Booth Smith’s Charleston office with three decades of experience in medical malpractice, dental, and workers’ compensation. Before joining Hall Booth Smith, Dan was Managing Partner of his own firm, the Addison Law Group in Columbia, South Carolina, which specialized in workers’ compensation litigation, subrogation, insurance coverage, and mediation. He also spent more than a decade at a large firm in Columbia that specialized in conflict prevention, conflict management, and conflict resolution.
Dan also represented doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals in medical malpractice cases. Dan’s passion for the intersection of law and medicine stems from his childhood in a medical household, where he was raised by a father who was a doctor and a mother who was a nurse. His knowledge of the complexities and pressures faced by medical professionals, insurers, and patients alike gives him a deep understanding of the complicated medical issues underlying most matters and helps inform his approach to finding favorable resolutions that meet each client’s unique needs.
Dan earned a Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law and clerked for Thomas W. Cooper Jr. of the South Carolina Third Circuit Court. He also completed a Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a minor in Political Science from Clemson University.
- South Carolina
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- J.D., University of South Carolina
- B.A., Clemson University
- Charleston Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys
- South Carolina Employers’ Advocacy Association
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, Best Lawyers®, 2014-2024
- Legal Elite, Charleston Business Magazine, 2021-2023
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Dan often speaks at conferences, educational seminars, and other professional gatherings about evolving issues pertaining to workers’ compensation law.