Emma M. Feeney
Emma M. Feeney
Attorney at Law
Emma M. Feeney is an Associate within our Denver office who primarily concentrates her practice on correctional health care, medical malpractice, labor and employment, and general liability matters. In addition to her litigation practice, she enjoys advising her corporate clients on risk management and policy development.
Prior to joining HBS, Emma worked as an Associate for a local insurance defense firm. There, she second-chaired a mediation of a highly contentious wrongful death case involving combined policy limits of close to $40 million and obtained a favorable outcome for her mid-sized corporate client. Prior to that, she was an Associate at a small plaintiffs’ employment firm, where she obtained a rare cause finding from the Colorado Civil Rights Division and subsequently negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of her client who brought claims for discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation against their former employer.
Emma earned her Juris Doctor with a certificate in corporate and commercial law from the University of Denver, where she was a Provost’s Merit Scholar and President of the Women’s Legal Coalition. She received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the College of William and Mary.
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- J.D., University of Denver
- B.S., Psychology, William & Mary
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Gender Disparity and Diversity in the Law
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, CLE; December 13, 2023
- Considerations in Drafting Settlement Agreements in Employment Cases After POWR Act and NLRB Guidance
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, CLE; December 12, 2023
- COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act: When Might the Disease be Considered a Disability for Which Employees Have Legal Protections in the Workplace?
Denver Law Review, 2022