Gary Kalkstein is a Partner in our Missoula office and focuses his practice on medical malpractice and health care matters.
For the last 35 years, Gary has defended a wide range of health care clients, including physicians, hospitals, clinics, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, professional counselors, and other health care providers in medical negligence actions and professional licensing disputes throughout the State of Montana. He routinely appears before the Montana Medical Legal Panel, state licensing boards, and in state and federal courts.
Gary is regularly invited to speak at seminars before physicians, dentists, lawyers, and insurance company representatives on medical liability and risk management issues. Prior to joining HBS, Gary was Founding Partner of Kalkstein Law Firm, P.C. in Missoula where he defended clients in medical, dental, and health care provider malpractice claims throughout the State of Montana.
Gary earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Montana in 1987. He, and his wife Janet, an RN, enjoy the outdoors and spending time with their adult children and their St. Bernard, Daisy.
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Montana
U.S. Courts of Appeals:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., with honors, University of Montana
- B.S., with honors, University of Montana
- American Bar Foundation: Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Montana Defense Trial Lawyers
- Montana State Bar Association
- Preparing Your Defendant Physician for Deposition in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Taking Deposition of Plaintiff’s Expert Witness in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Effective Voir Dire Strategies
- Reduce Your Risk of Being Sued
- The Unlikeable Client and How To Make Them More Presentable If Not More Palatable