Geoffrey D. Sessions
Geoffrey D. Sessions
Geoffrey D. Sessions is a Partner in our office in Jacksonville, Florida, and he has three decades of expertise in litigating and arbitrating all manner of claims, including aging services, medical malpractice, professional malpractice, and general liability claims.
Geoff works with doctors, nurses and other health care professionals as well as hospitals and health care facilities to aggressively defend them in both claims that arise and other legal endeavors. He is a longtime member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (where he currently serves as President of the Jacksonville chapter) and DRI, and he is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™ from Martindale-Hubbell.
Geoff has more than three decades of experience in litigation, arbitration, and transactions for clients across the health care, insurance, real estate, transportation, and hospitality industries. Select examples are below.
U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- J.D., Stetson University
- B.S., Political Science, Florida State University
- American Board of Trial Advocates: Member
- Jacksonville Chapter: President
- DRI, Steering Committee for Nursing Home/ALF Seminar
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™, High Ethical Standing, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Best Lawyers®, 2022-2024
- Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine, 2018
- Jacksonville Florida Legal Eagle, Jacksonville Magazine
- Top Lawyers of Jacksonville, Jacksonville Magazine
Geoff is frequently invited to speak at client seminars and meetings on issues relevant to the long-term care industry, and a few select presentations are listed below.
- Solutions for High Exposure Cases
Florida Society for Healthcare Risk Management & Patient Safety’s Virtual Annual Conference, August 2020
- Presentation on the importance of the right to a trial by jury and an independent judiciary at American Board of Trial Advocates
Seventh Amendment Symposium; Jacksonville, FL; 2016-2018