Alex H. Booth
Alex H. Booth
Alex Booth received both his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Georgia. He continues to support his alma mater by serving as an adjunct professor at the University of Georgia School of Law, where he teaches a course on medical malpractice.
Prior to law school, Alex was the head of an American delegation of agricultural specialists who studied in the Soviet Union. He maintains an interest in Eastern Europe and was invited to return in 2010 to Tbilisi, Georgia, to participate in training for members of the judiciary. HBS regularly hosts delegations of judges and lawyers from the country of Georgia.
In his community, Alex has served his community as a little league baseball coach, Sunday school teacher, and Presbyterian elder. For the past ten years, he has reviewed clinical research as a community member of the Institutional Review Board of Piedmont Hospital. He is currently the Managing Partner of Hall Booth Smith.
As a founding member of Hall Booth Smith, Alex Booth has practiced with and litigated against Georgia’s most outstanding advocates. His extensive and varied practice has earned him recognition for the past six years as one of Georgia’s “Super Lawyers” by Atlanta Magazine. He has also achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethics for more than twenty years.
Alex’s trial experience ranges from transportation, premises liability, products liability, and escaped livestock cases. Most recently, he has focused on representing health care institutions and professionals in the defense of alleged malpractice. He is committed to representing each client zealously, ethically, and professionally.
- Georgia, 1981
- Court of Appeals, Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Georgia, 1981
- B.S.A., cum laude, University of Georgia, 1978
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Institutional Review Board of Piedmont Hospital
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Litigation – Insurance & Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Best Lawyers®, 2007-2024
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers® 2019 Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” in Atlanta, Best Lawyers®, 2019
- Most Influential and Politically-Connected Attorneys, James Magazine, 2017
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers®, 2009-2016
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Best Lawyers®, 2010